Would you rather send some of your commission money to support the economies of Austin Texas, Waltham Massachusetts, Parsippany New Jersey, Denver Colorado, Newark New Jersey and the likes, or are you more interested in having your money do good in McMinnville and Newberg and the towns of Yamhill County?
Why Local Ownership is a Benefit
1. It means that the money generated by both the brokerage and the Realtors® commissions stay in the local communities and helps build our own economy.
- A locally-owned independent business returns approximately 80% of each dollar spent back to the community.
- Local, independent businesses assist the community through a “multiplier effect”: one dollar spent at a locally owned business will return five times that amount within the community through city taxes, employees’ wages, and purchase of materials and supplies at other independent businesses.
- In addition, these businesses will turn that dollar back into the community through school funding, social services, and contributions to local non-profit organizations.
2. It means the owners understand the local markets, local economy, the current conditions, and can adapt the business model swiftly when needed.
3. There are not as many mouths to feed in the profit food chain. The larger the entity the more levels of management to feed and the more investors at various levels who want a good return on their money. The more takers, the less money for the Realtors® on the street who do the work.
People are realizing that the mega companies of the world pool their money for their own people and in their corporate HQ area. In reaction, people are promoting the personal and exceptional customer-centric services not possible in such companies and the benefits to everyone when our money stays local. Local is not just to our metro-plex (downtown Portland), but for our towns and neighborhoods and to support the people we know in our communities.
4. Bella Casa Real Estate Group is locally owned by 3 people, all in the family: Randy and Joni McCreith, and Amy (McCreith) McCormick, daughter and business partner. We make our primary income the same way all our brokers do, by selling real estate.
5. Bella Casa Realtors® have complete freedom to choose those with whom they do business, and the vendors they are proud to refer for their clients. We consciously chose NOT to have affiliated business relationships even though this would bring significantly more money into the brokerage and for the owners. It is an issue of principle for us. Rather than collectively promoting a few select vendors for services because we get referral fees, advertising dollars or various and sundry benefits, we want our Realtors® to find the best in the business locally and promote any and all of them. We are committed to doing this without any self-interest other than our clients will get treated as well as we would treat them. That is all we ask of them! When a company says you should sell this warranty, use this mortgage broker, have your transactions at this title and escrow company, and promote this set of contractors, (to make money off of them), then the local community of vendors is insulted, and our clients lose valuable options for their services. The only ones who win is the company and its investors, owners, and managers.
Let’s support the local communities – not the chosen few dictated by some because they get rewarded. Let’s help every one of our neighbors who provides excellent products and services.