As winter begins to set in we all look at ways to keep warm and to save a little bit of money. Most people know there are things they can do to save some money by maintaining or servicing their heating and cooling systems, but most people also do not know what those things are that they can do. Here is a quick list of some of the things you can do monthly, seasonally and annually to keep your heating and cooling system working in tip top shape.
1. Make sure that you buy the right filters for your system and regularly change out the filters. This is done either seasonally or monthly depending on your system.
2. Make sure to clean the leaves and debris out from around your outdoor unit. This should be done monthly.
3. Inspect all the lines going to and from your units and make sure there are no leaks. This should be done monthly.
4. Never close more than 20% of the vents or it could put a strain on your unit.
5. have it professionally tuned up and serviced at least once every 1-2 years so that it is running smoothly. This also can lead to fewer breakdowns and wear and tear on the unit.
6. Every season check to see that the unit is sitting level on the pad, units that are not level can cause uneven wear and tear.
These are just a few ideas that people can do to help their heating systems work best for the winter months.