Home staging is all about making your home comfortable and inviting, and this is especially important when staging the living room area of your home. When buyers walk through the room, they should want to sit down and spend time in it. Remember, you can always talk with The McCreith Team to get more tips on making your home desirable to buyers.
Check out this great 3 minute demonstration of staging a living room and see the tips below!
Tips for Staging the Living Room
– Arrange the room in a conversational way, if it’s not arranged like that already. A living room design and layout should be conducive to group conversation and family interaction. Experiment with different arrangements until you get it right.
– Let the living room breathe. If it’s hard to walk through because of furniture size and/or arrangement, remove some items and place them in storage.
– If your living room furniture consists of a cheap table with wobbly legs and your couch from college days, replace them with some nice rental pieces.
– If the furniture is worn or stained, but otherwise intact, invest in some nice-looking slip covers. This is a low-cost way to enhance the appearance of older chairs and couches. Slip covers can also help you neutralize “loud” fabric colors.
– If you have a mantle in the living room area, clear it of most items (such as family photos and knick knacks) and leave only a decorative vase or flower arrangement.
Realtor.com , www.stagingbug.com