Whether you are a first-time home buyer or a seasoned investor, an experienced and professional Realtor® can save you time and help you navigate the current real estate market as well as the ever-changing nature of a transaction (new requirements, REOs and short sales, etc). Real estate, similar to buying and selling in the stock market, is complex and constantly changing. It is our job to have the most up-to-date information regarding market values, current issues, and other necessary information about the industry.
1. We work only for you, not for the seller. We have your best interests in mind, and when we find the home that is right for you, we negotiate the offer based on your instructions to us.
2. A real estate transaction is complicated. In most cases, buying a home requires disclosure forms, inspection reports, mortgage documents, insurance policies, deeds, and multi-page government-mandated settlement statements. A knowledgeable guide through this complexity can help you avoid delays or costly mistakes.
3. Buying a home is time consuming. Properties in the Portland Metro area stay on the market for an average of 130 days. And it usually takes another 30-60 for the transaction to close after an offer is accepted.
4. Real estate has its own language. If you don’t know a CMA from a PUD, you can understand why it’s important to work with someone who speaks that language.
5. We have extensive experience. Most people buy and sell only a few homes in a lifetime, usually with quite a few years in between each purchase. And even if you’ve done it before, laws and regulations change. That’s why having an expert on your side is critical.
6. We provide objectivity. Since a home often symbolizes family, rest, and security, not just four walls and roof, homebuying is often a very emotional undertaking. And for most people, a home is the biggest purchase they’ll ever make. Having a concerned, but objective, third party helps you keep focused on both the business and emotional issues most important to you.
7. We are members of the National Association of Realtors®, a trade organization of more than one million members nationwide. Realtors® subscribe to a stringent code of ethics that helps guarantee the highest level of service and integrity.
Our job is highly time-consuming. The time we spend actually going out and looking at homes with our clients is only a fraction of the time that we spend working on their behalf. Long before we even meet you, we are spending time viewing homes that are listed so that we know how each home compares to others on the market. We also spend time in continuing education so that we are informed on the latest issues in our industry.
Once we have met with you, and you have engaged us to work for you as your Realtor®, we spend time searching the market for homes that fit your criteria. Sometimes when the situation merits, we will preview homes before taking your valuable time to see them. We are available long hours and weekends to show you homes at your convenience. If there are no homes that meet your specifications, we will search for homes that are not currently listed. Our goal is to leave no stone unturned.
Once you have found the home you wish to purchase:
- We will make sure to spend time explaining the process to you.
- We will write an offer and negotiate it on your behalf to obtain the best price and concessions possible.
- We will keep you and the transaction on schedule so that all necessary deadlines are met and satisfied.
- We will advise you on necessary inspections and due diligence specifically regarding the home you are purchasing.
- We will see the transaction through closing and be available to help even after closing as needed.
Your investment is a significant one and it is our job to do our utmost to ensure that you are informed, protected, and ultimately satisfied in your purchase.