Find out what the top Yamhill County real estate team does differently to help you buy, sell, and love your home.
Are you considering buying a home in Newberg? For most people, buying a home is the biggest investment and largest single purchase they will ever make. As Realtors®, we specialize in helping people buy or sell homes and avoid common pitfalls and unnecessary headaches. We have in-depth knowledge of Newberg real estate; our expertise includes:
- First time home buyer properties
- Farm, vineyard, & orchard land
- Rural & equestrian properties
- New construction
- Luxury properties
- Developments & neighborhoods
How to pay fair market value for a home (and not over-pay!)
- Know the comparable areas. Two towns located in the same county will have considerable differences in value because of numerous tangible and intangible differences. This goes for neighborhoods as well.
- Compare the property with genuine comparable properties. Two statistically identical homes will be dramatically different in price because of location alone, and there are always other considerations as well.
- Compare sales which occurred in the same market conditions. Appraisers prefer ‘comps’ to be no older than 3 months, almost never more than 6 months. It does little good to see properties which sold last year unless you have a depth of knowledge to properly extrapolate value.
- Compare with actual sales in the free market. Distressed sales which are the result of foreclosure, or closed sales within a family, do not reflect the actual market price. They distort the value and need to be eliminated from consideration.
- Your Realtor® will negotiate on your behalf to achieve the best price and concessions for you. (Interview questions to ask your potential Realtor®).
Many of the problems we now suffer from (the sub-prime mortgage mess, rabid speculation and non-existent standards) are tied to the fact that in-person appraisals were not performed. Instead, lenders relied on automated valuations to support their loan programs. It is almost impossible to have a monolithic valuation for every area. The diversity is amazing. Can a website evaluate that?
Call 503-310-9844 today or visit us in downtown Newberg – 700 E. 1st Street (corner of 1st and College)
What The McCreith Team Does For You
Once we have met with you, and you have engaged us to work for you as your real estate agent, we spend time searching the market for homes that fit your criteria. Sometimes when the situation merits, we will preview homes before taking your valuable time to see them. We are available long hours and weekends to show you homes at your convenience. If there are no homes that meet your specifications, we will search for homes that are not currently listed. Once you have found the home you wish to purchase:
- We explain the buying process to you
- We write an offer and negotiate it on your behalf to obtain the best price and concessions possible
- We will keep you and the transaction on schedule
- We advise you about necessary inspections and due diligence
- We see the transaction through closing
- Your investment is a significant one and it is our job to do our utmost to ensure that you are informed, protected, and ultimately satisfied in your purchase.